miércoles, 10 de agosto de 2011

Welcome to my Blog

I hope that you are able to learn a little bit more about linguistics and the teaching of English.
I will be posting a series of thoughts and articles regarding this topic and hope that my students will reflect on them.
Feel free to make comments and suggestions.
Welcome to this new experience of doing a blog!

Note: This blog was created as part of the course English 3225: Introduction to Linguistics

4 comentarios:

  1. I will like to thank you for introduce me in this new world of blogs.At first I was confused making the blog and understanding the purpose of it but I think it's gonna be helpful for us.
    I want to ask you what articles can I use to present the class,because you said that it has to be simple and for childrens but I don't know which are the articles that are more useful in k-3. If you can give me a clue I'll be grateful for that.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Gisel:
    The article is not necessarily for children, but for us as teachers to help us teach grammar and phonics (linguistics) to our young students.
    So you can look for articles around that topic. For example: How can we teach grammar in a fun way, etc.
    The PowerPoint presentation is the one that is geared toward our students and it should be as simple as possible.
    I hope I answered your doubts. Have a great weekend!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Prof. I see my picture twice as a member. So, my other account didn't get lost lol : )Bye the way, having a blog is so much fun. Thank you for suggesting it.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Mirna: It's hard to keep up with you and your multiple personalities... LOL
    I'm glad you enjoyed the experience and hope that you keep blogging after the class is over.

    ResponderEliminar